Wednesday, April 30, 2003

Bah. Went to Jean's to see what she said about Buffy, but she hasn't updated her page yet. Of course, it is still early, though I have been up for 5 hours already. About to go to lunch with Missy, but I will put my two cents in about Buffy...

What is her deal? She has been wierd lately. (And not just the raspy voice. I did find it odd that the First Evil was striken with the same voice problem as Buffy, because they aren't they same person. One has done up hair, the other doesn't. C'mon, its like Superman having a cold at the same time as Clark Kent. Can't happen.) It is as if she is cutting herself off emotionally from everyone so that she doesn't get hurt. Like she has so many times in the past, she seems to have forgotten that her friends need her emotionally. If she gives them emotional support, they will follow her anywhere. If she treats them like soldiers, they revolt. The paradox of modern witchcraft warfare? That seems oxymoronic, but it just may be moronic on my part. Everyone is bitter. Xander is bitter. Who wouldn't be after losing an eye? But they are bitter because they are losing. Guess what, fighting long odds means that you are supposed to be losing. I am looking forward to the end, not because I want it to end, but because I think only in the end will the Real Buffy that we have come to know and love return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home