Monday, April 28, 2003

The ending of an era I have been mournful the last few weeks. I have grown to love my law school experience, as painful and frustrating as it sometimes was. I have made many friends, but not enough close friends. In my time here I have lost touch with many other friends, which is a shame. In about two weeks this will all be over. I will lose my social contacts and be left to fend for my social self. Many of my friends are moving away, and those that are not aren't really that close of friends (there are a few exceptions, but they are few and far between). To the people that I have grown to love through my years here I will miss you, though we probably won't ever see each other again. It is a sad tale that most people go through after college. I have seen several of my college friends a few times, but it is never like it was. Change: is it really ever a good thing? Do I need to be shedding the proverbial skin of my friendships. Some say I hang on too tightly to old friendships and that I should let them go.
My finals begin in an hour. I am not studying as hard as I should. Rather, I am moping around dreading the end of this time. I worry about whether I will see these people I count among my friends again, and even if I see them again, it will not be enough. I have grown fond of seeing these people every few days and hanging out having a beer or watching the game or both. This feeling of friendship abandonment has spread. Karen, my ex whom I have tried to remains friends with and whom I counted among my best friends, seems to be distancing herself from me. I never talk with her anymore. She is dating someone new and I am fine with that. Well, I am fine with that as long as she doesn't shut me out of her life. If she wants to, that is her choice, but I thought we were closer than that. Anyhow, what this all comes down to is this: While finals should be stressing me out because I have to study, it is stressing me out because it signals the end of this era.

I need a hug.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home