Wednesday, May 25, 2005

The week that was....

All night long it was honor and offer. That just struck me as very funny.

Last night I went to the Blazer's draft party. If you haven't heard, or don't care, the Blazers got the #3 pick in the upcoming NBA draft. In fact, if you look in pictures 2 and 3, you can make me out in the upper left behind everyone. I'm that head sticking out. I sat with some Blazer employees whom I bowled with. Got some free drinks and stuff. Good times. I think we'll trade that pick.

Last weekend was fish camp. Fishing at Agency Lake sucked big ass. Very few bites (less than half the camp even got a bite, much less a fish). The one fish our boat did catch ended up sending my dad to the hospital with two barbed hooks in his fingers. Painful to watch, and I am sure painful to remove. Played a lot of poker, and everytime I went all in, I did so with the best hand. Didn't always prove to be a winner, but always had the best hand at the time I pushed. Too bad its a seven card game.

The weather is great today. Looking forward to softball and volleyball.

Star Wars. So I was very impressed with the latest entry into the saga, but was still left with several problems. Overdid the Yoda speech, they did. Leia said she remembered her mother in JEDI, but she doesn't get to see her mother at all. Someone said that they felt they rushed the ending to get the pieces to line up with ANH. I am not sure that is the case as they spent the last two movies introducing us to characters we already knew to the point we were like "come on". I am still, a lot "come on" by Chewie's inclusion in this movie. Totally unnecessary and doesn't fit the plot line. Also, they didn't build up the fact that Wookie's were slaves of the Empire. Anyway, it seems odd to me that the "Empire" in the original series had only existed for like 20 years by the time the rebellion came to take it out. Anyway, I think the latest installment was much much much much better than the first two prequels. I still think they over did the saber fights and the CGI. I'd give it a B+ on its own, but a B- as part of the series.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home