Thursday, April 28, 2005

And now something I think you'll really enjoy

No not really. Just an update into my life. Yesterday was an off-center day for me. I got a letter in the morning that sent me "on tilt". Basically it was an 8 page tirade against me calling me a racist and so forth. Rather than dwell on that, I went to handle what should have been a realatively simple matter of arguing a motion to dismiss a motion to supress. Not one of my cases, but one I was handling for someone. Anyway, our motion got mailed out late, and the judge set the thing over so the other side can prepare to respond (not that they can, he was trying to claim breach of other's rights in protection for himself, which you cannot do). Afterwards, a witness came and yelled at me. Not what I needed. Then I went to my car. My gas light had been on, and there was a gas station a block away so I planned on filling up after the hearing. Well, I parked on a hill and I couldn't get enough gas to the engine to start 'er up, so I had to go borrow a gas can. I could have done without that.

Anyway, I had plans to go meet Phil Hellmuth at a local bookstore. I had learned of the visit via a local poker related bulletin board. Just to make sure, I checked with the book store and they had no idea who Hellmuth was and he was not scheduled to appear. Had to break those plans and ended up playing softball for a while. I was in mid-season form for hitting, but nearly gave myself blood blisters on both hands. Then went to McGraths Fish House for their app combo basket, which I love, but it tasted a bit different. The chicken was small and overcooked and the wonton sauce was off. I then rushed out to Parkrose for some volleyball. We suck. As individuals, we are ok, but we are not playing as a team and it looks bad. We haven't even won one game yet, let alone a match. Then went home and played a two-table sit and go on Poker Stars and took first despite being surprised to make the final table. In 5 two table sit and goes on that site, I have made the $ in four. 2 firsts and 2 fourths (one of the fourths was when I had a chip stack but the girl I am seeing got bored and insisted that we go. I had to post and fold my way into the money. The other fourth, as soon as I made the money, I went all in with Q3 because I was late for softball.). The play is less crazy at Poker Stars in these sit and goes, but I can't account for my unexpected success.

Anyway, Jeff and Missy, this nearly non-poker related post was for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home