Monday, May 22, 2006

TripJax Shout out

Being as he is one of like 3 poker content related readers of this page (and there is so much poker content on here) I thought I would participate in TripJax's blogroll questions.

1. What is the biggest mistake people make at a NL table?
I recently began playing some low limit NL at Party and I see people calling all in bets with pocket pairs with Aces on the board. What were they thinking? However, typically I play NL Sit and goes. As I sit here and think, I realize that I don't know what the biggest mistake I see there is. Perhaps I am not as good as I thought. Perhaps the one that I should mention is misplaying large pocket pairs after the flop, given that I have been prone to doing so.
2. What is the biggest mistake people make at a Limit table?
Not raising.
3. Why do you play poker?
Its a hobby that is fun and profitable. Not as profitable as I'd like, but I've made much more than I've lost.
4. If you weren't playing poker, what would you be doing?
Working, watching TV, talking on the phone, learning something that would make me a more well rounded person.
5. What is your favorite poker book and why?
What are these "poker books" you speak of?
6. Who is your favorite poker player and why?
After me, its gotta be Phil Ivey.
7. Which poker player do you dislike the most and why?
Hellmuth, because he's a whiney beotch. Sure he makes some good laydowns (actually that is the best part of his game), but his attitude sucks.
8. Do your coworkers know about your blog?
What are these "coworkers" you speak of?
9. What is the most you have won in a cash game or MTT (both live and online)?
CASH - Live - $300
Online - $150
MTT - Live $120
Online $2600 (I think I have made more than that, but my memory is a bit bad, I've had three over $1500 that I am sure of.)
10. What is the most you have lost in a cash game or in one day total (both live and online)?
$350ish.

11. Who was your first poker blog read?
I can't recall. Probably Chris Halverson.
12. What satisfies you more, your aces holding up for a big pot or a bluff working for a big pot?
Hate to say the bluff, but that is because I get Aces more than I bluff a big pot.
13. Why do you blog?
Who knows
14. Do you read blogs from an RSS reader like bloglines or do you visit each blog?
What is this bloglines you speak of? I go visit each page. I think I used to use the pokergrub for updates at to when people updated their page. But seriously, what is bloglines?
15. Would you rather play poker for a living than do what you currently do for a living?
I do play poker for a living, kind of.
16. Do you wear a tin foil hat on occasion?
No, just tin foil condoms
17. If you had to pin it down to one specific trait, what does a great poker player have (or do) that separates them from an average player?
Great poker players avoid getting emotionally involved in the outcome of any given hand. I don't have this trait.
18. Is Drizz the coolest person on the planet for naming his baby Vegas?
All signs point to yes
19. What is your primary poker goal and are you close to accomplishing it?
To be the best player at any table I sit at. No.
20. What is your primary online site and why?
Paradise. It broke my cherry and I like its MTT and sit and go setup.
21. What site do you dislike and why?
UB because of its layout. Visually hard to read and displeasing.

1 Comments:

Blogger TripJax said...

Bloglines is a site you can use to keep all the blogs you read in one place and sort them however you want. It will let you know when a blog has a new post.

Also, you can use bloglines for your blogroll on your blog by simply putting a small html code on your template. Then, lets say you are visiting a blog you decide you want to link to...you can just click a button on your favorites and they will be added to your template...it is good stuff.

Just check out www.bloglines.com and let me know if you have any questions.

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home