Thursday, May 25, 2006

Maybe this is why I am getting killed on SNG's lately

Last night, for I think the first time in my life, I seriously considered folding KK preflop. Of course I didn't and called two all-ins in a sit and go with KK. I was up against AA and JJ. I of course lost, but I was amazed that I thought about folding and almost did. But instead, I simply said show me AA as I hit the call button. Dumbass. At the time I was quasi-on tilt as I had had AA and QQ beaten by lesser pairs to knock me out of two SNG's in the previous 30 minutes. Maybe I should strike that quasi part. I ended up turning my night around a little bit, recovering some of what I had lost, but I am still down like 500 in SNGs over the last week. I have lowered my limits from the 50 back to the 20 and hope to recover my bankroll again. I think winning that 1600 sort of made my two big for my britches and I forgot that managing my bankroll is where it is at, not trying to get the quick win or the quick recovery. I still have like 500 in the bankroll for poker so I have time to plug the hole and keep my ship afloat.

Maybe that should be my poker goal. Getting to the point where I will fold KK instead of calling when I know I am beat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home