Monday, April 03, 2006

Bracketologist

I entered two brackets this year. The first, run by Jake at Utterly Boringwas on Yahoo!. I started out in the middle of the pack, but slowly worked my way to the top. Come the Final Four, I needed UCLA to win against LSU for me to win. Otherwise, I would finish a disappointing third. Lo and behold, UCLA won and the points I got from that pushed me to the top with no one picking either Florida or UCLA to win it all. For that less than impressive performance, I won this T-Shirt from Ruthless Bastard. In my other bracket, a small one with no prizes with some law school classmates, I was near the top most of the tourney. Again, by the time the Final Four rolled around, I needed UCLA to win for me to get to first. This time however, my utter dominance of the ESPN based bracket will come down to a tie-breaker in the final game based on points. If the scores are in the sixties I win. If they are in the seventies, I come in second. According to ESPN, my bracket was in the 93.8 percentile, meaningin only 6.2 of 100 people picked better than I. Given that two years ago I was a bracket stud, based heavily on me picking Georgia Tech to go to the finals against UConn, I would say I have earned my degree as a Bracketologist.

2 Comments:

Blogger Salmonberry Bend, Oregon said...

Holy piscado! Congrats

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee hee! I love the t-shirt. Since UCLA beat LSU I'm at least ahead of the dog in the office poll. But if Florida wins tonight, I will become rich and famous. Or, at least I'll have an extra $50.

Oh, and I'm not stalking you through the internet. Really.

Marie

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home