Monday, August 22, 2005

Missed the anniversary....

July 17, 2000... That was the first day I posted to the web via this blog (actually from its predecessor at geocities). So this Blog is 5 years old. Who knew? But does one really need to spend time celebrating an anniversary for a blog that has spent good chuncks of time wasting away in oblivian? A blog who has been visited as much to find information about Joey Harrington being gay as for any other purpose, other than maybe photos of nude sumo wrestlers? Likely not, but for the anticlimatic celebration is forthcoming. What follows is my first post (sans linkage as some of the cites are dead):

Hi there world. I am still working with the design, so give me a bit. As this is my first real blog, I hope you will bear with me. I have been messing around with design the last week or so, and finally said "Screw it." I don't understand what makes tables work or not work, so at any moment this entire sites design may change without me knowing it. I really want to learn enough Javascript to create my "True Love detector" page. Before I do that I need to learn how to have Javascript count the number of specific types of letters in a user-entered phrase.
Anyway, right now my site is basically a rip-off of usr/bin/girl. I wanted to put a series of random pictures of parts of my body stacked (like the old Monster creators of the 80's). Do you remember those? I know my description isn't good. So, I found the world of blogs quite by accident, but immediately fell in love with them. I went to camworld looking for a web cam directory that has a similar name. I cruised around from there and quickly filled my bookmark page. (If you want to know if I cruised your site, check your stat-counter (speaking of which, I need to get one) for tek.com as a server. If I have been there, I probably have been there a lot. I noticed a while ago that I was like 18% of Ritalin Junkie's visiting body. So, really, I am not a stalker. Just bored at work. Mental note, add my ICQ number to this page. My name on there is none other than Homersolo.
The weight of that coke can has gone down to 15.82 grams (this is in reference to the random header at the top, so this might be confusing to 5/6's of you). I had better get back to work now. For the first time in a while.

posted 7/17/2000 02:16:46 PM | link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home