Sunday, June 06, 2004

Various

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've meant to. Things have crossed my mind that I've wanted to comment on. Today, for example, I went to Tualatin High School's graduation to see my cousin graduate. I think this was my first graduation I've been to that wasn't my own. First, do they design these things to be torture to the family? I mean, it lasted like 3 1/2 hours!!!! Second, as I recall, High School wasn't really that hard and didn't really require that much balancing. Why do they try to tell us how hard it is (that goes for law school and college too!)? It's as if they are trying to build up the acheivement of the graduating class, but the graduating class knows its all a bunch of B.S. Third, they had 10 valedictorians! I mean 10? C'mon, let's make the tests and classes a little hard, shall we? And four of the ten spoke. One of whom decided that this would be a good time to tell us all how we should accept Jesus Christ as our savior, because his judgement of our worth is the only one that matters. For Christ's sake, lady, I came to a high school graduation, not a freaking mass.

I've wanted to mention the growing concern regarding on-line gambling. There, I mentioned it.

There were many other things that I wanted to mention, but I can't recall them now. I am heading to central Washington for a few days to visit Erika and Jason Trigg. When I get back I hope to visit with Cliff Filley.

Oh, and next Thursday I turn 30. Hooray for me. (that hooray was mostly sarchastic)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home