Thursday, June 26, 2003

Ok this setup looks better. Anyway, so much big news in the last 2 days. The man who brought down the majority leadership of the Republican Party is dead. I bet some people wish he would have died 5 months ago. I think I know what killed him. That the court in back to back days overturned Bowers v. Hardwick (thereby ensuring that the Religious Right would have a tizzy and that what one does in the bedroom won't subject him/her to jail time) and ensured that affirmative action will not go away just yet. (I do hear that Thomas' dissent was something to read, like a personal rant about the reverse discrimination he suffered through). Anyway, I thought that I would be amiss if I didn't mention these things. I am upset at Scalia for opposing the Texas sodomy case. I tend to agree with him on more than a few points, but sometimes you can just tell he is more than Conservative, but a bigot. I don't like aligning myself with bigots, which I why I try to distance myself from the Republican Party.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home