Thursday, September 22, 2005

Stop giving money to those starving kids!!!!

I consider my self a faily learned individual. However, I have never even heard of Eritrea, a country in Africa. However, Eritrea and Ethiopia have had some border conflicts in the past. Well, it appears that Ethiopia (which I can't spell for the life of me) is restarting some conflict. Since when does Ethiopia have enough resources to fight a war? Seems that they are directing money away from developing food stuffs to military. Maybe the land they are fighting over is fertile, but from my most recent look at the map, Ethiopia is HUGE and a village near the border should not draw you into war. Just my two cents. Which I am keeping for my cup of coffee rather than giving to the children.

Of course I have never understood the economics of giving money in foreign aide to country's that consistently fail to manage the money as we see fit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home