Monday, February 09, 2004

I didn't talk about this before, but my grandfather whom I never see died about a week and a half ago. He lived like 8 miles from my parents house, but I haven't seen him since I was like 20, and that was because he came into the restraunt I worked in randomly. He didn't mean to see me. That was like 8 years ago and was the last time I saw him alive. My mother was invited to the funeral, but her sisters weren't. My mother's side of the family is dysfunctional. I haven't seen my cousin (my uncle's daughter) since she was a kid. That isn't a sign of dysfunction per se, but she is like the only cousin I have that I don't know. Anyway, my aunt didn't get along with her mom. The aunt who did get along with her mom got mad at the dad for not helping out with one of my cousin's medical bills. The aunt who didn't get along with my grandmother was associated with the being upset at my grandfather. Anyway, I was very sorry to hear that he died. I always sort of thought that we would get the chance to meet again. And now we won't, and I recall so little about him. I recall his face, his smile, his dog, the stream next to his house, and that the pond at this house with the catfish that we put there has my Cobra boat in it. I lost that boat with Chris. I think the last time I was at my Grandfather's house, Chris was with me. We walked over and had some lemonade. Anyway, Goodbye Jim. I might have missed you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home