Monday, October 06, 2003

Why MIKE TYSON will be seen as the greatest boxer EVER by my generation
 : Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!



So my cousin Will is turning 18 later this week and what did he want for his B-day? The NES! The Nintendo was the first thing I ever saved a lot of money for. I recall that I had to save like $100 to buy the system. I had several games, including Baseball Stars (best baseball game ever), Bases Loaded, Castlevania (best action game on the machine), and Mike Tyson's Punch Out. Mike Tyson's Punch Out apparently was a remake of the game Punch Out, this time with Iron Mike as the end foe. What I couldn't figure out then is how Mike would let a game be made where a skinny, unmuscular white kid could beat him in a fight. What I know now is that Iron Mike didn't care, was stupid, and just wanted the money so he could throw lavish birthday parties for himself. Of course I would never say that to his face. But back to the point. Mike Tyson will for my generation be the greatest boxer ever because of his association with the game. No other sportsman has ever used a video game to make him a superstar like Mike (except perhaps John Madden, but that is another story). Anyway, we grew up playing HIS game and then heard reports on the news about how he'd knock guys out stone cold in like 43 seconds. I mean, who does that? Anyway, it seems that Nintendo is making a comeback and so I thought I had better mention how Mike Tyson became a demi-god. Peace out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home