Monday, September 29, 2003

Why I think the Oregon State Bar Has Problems (or Why Brad is a Dumbass))
So, last Friday was the swearing in for this year's crop of new attorneys (bad drivers beware). They sent us a letter ahead of time letting us know when and where it would be. Things they did not tell us: That this would be more than a short stand up and take an oath kind of thing, that we would go on stage, that we would shake hands with the chief justice of the Oregon Supreme Court, that our picture would be taken at that moment, or that Willamette lacked adequate air conditioning. When I arrived, I found that nearly everyone was wearing a suit. Except for me. I was wearing sandles, a hawaiin shirt, and luckily some pants (not that I normally would be running about in my underpants, but rather I considered wearing shorts to this little shin-dig). So, as everyone else walked up in suits and such, I was noticably not. My friend Wes would have been similarly dressed had I not warned him by phone before he left his place. Anyway, the last speech was the longest. I wouldn't mention this, except for the speaker spent 5 minutes explaining how his speech would be short. Did I mention that hundreds of attorneys and their families were in a large, un-air conditioned room? Torture. Even the post-oath gathering was disappointing as it was a smaller room, still without air conditioning and with a poor selection of food and drink. Oh, and did I mention that Friday was a hot day on its own without all that body heat?

Notice how I don't mention the Ducks. (sob)

Oh, and finally my work when I first started this page paid off. Someone finally searched for the weight of a coke can and I had the answer. I don't recall the answer now, but it's back there in the ol' archives.

The RIAA can bite me I don't download music anymore, though I am considering doing it again (strictly for fair use to space shift, of course) because of the prices of CDs. I CD shopped for the first time in a while the other day at Fred Meyer (which has seemingly lost my pics of my trip) and they were all very expensive. Even Eminem's old album was running at $18. I mean, c'mon. Didn't the RIAA promise us that CDs would mean cheaper music? They perpatrated a fraud on us and no one is suing them YET (I hope someone does soon). Anyway, RIAA, you wonder why your sales have gone down? Perhaps its because you treat your customers like shit and overcharge. Oh, and The Tech Law Advisor is a great place to go to find out what's being said about the whole RIAA suing people thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home