Thursday, January 30, 2003

State of the Union
My analysis: I thought Bush did a great job overall. I think I will start by saying what I thought he did a good job with:

1) The African Aids Project. I became teary-eyed when he talked about how we have a great opportunity to do a great amount of good. My concern with this is that he used it as a springboard towards his Iraq policy.

2) Tax Relief. As a libertarian, I found his plans for tax cuts to be a great thing. I liked how he made the point of how the poorest would get a huge tax-relief. I, of course, liked how he slid the tax relief for the rich right after it. But now the only way someone can complain is if they want to blantantly have a double standard.

3) I liked some of his messages of compassion and caring. (Though his call to action in this regard seemed a bit hollow).

What I didn't like:

1) That he was cocky and bragged about killing people.


I had more thoughts on it, but after a day and a half, this is what sticks out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home