Monday, October 25, 2004

Been a while, so...

I've had lots of thoughts about things to talk about. It seems now that I can't recall what I wanted to say, but now that it is no longer timely, my thoughts on the ALCS don't really matter. While I came into the World Series rooting for the Sox, I knew I didn't want a fundamentally unsound team to win, which is what I feared the Sox to be. Well, now that they are winning, I am not sure they should. They have a black hole in left with Manni. I mean, can this guy catch anything? They've made 4 errors in each game. Goodness sakes, people. We are supposed to be seeing baseball at its best, not stickball played in the streets.

Onto other news, the work thing seems to be picking up. Today I must file: an amended Notice of Appeal, a Complaint, a motion for Stay of Judgment, and a Motion to Waive Undertaking Costs. With each of these comes mailings, service, and certified true copies. Anyway, I must get all of this done like today because I am taking off manana fof the week to go elk hunting. Not really a hunter by nature, but its an excuse to get outside.

On the poker front, man am I hot. I've had like 7 first places out of 10 in the sit and go $20 tourneys. On top of that, last night I played in a multi-table tourney Limit Hold 'Em with a $5 buy in. There were 480 people in this thing. Guess what? I finished #1 for $543, paying out about 108:1. I got lucky a few times, but all in all I was happy with my performance given that I don't play limit tourney's much, if at all. My style of play may be better suited for Limit since when I play long tourney's in NL I tend to get out early on all ins where I am in the lead going into the flop. Anyway, my account is up over $2000 from an initial buy in of like $60 and I have already cashed out a few hundred. Not enough to live on, but I'll take it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home